FairPrice has announced a partnership with Brand New Media, a global leader in content and content marketing to launch an exciting new food television channel, food for life tv. A channel created especially for viewers in Singapore, food for life tv is a complimentary channel that features food and cookery content that is both locally-produced and internationally-sourced. Targeted at those who enjoy cooking at home, www.foodforlifetv.tv can be viewed anytime, anywhere via any internet-connected device such as computer, smart phone, tablet or smart TV.
As internet penetration soars to over 100 per cent (source: Singstat 2012), content offered over the internet would gain more attention. On average, Singaporeans spend 25 hours a week online versus a mere 12.5 hours watching broadcast television. 66 per cent of Singaporean internet users watch video and TV online (source: comScore video metrics). The first in Singapore, food for life tv is an IPTV platform channel which will feature live streaming programming plus an extensive Video-On-Demand content menu. The channel’s content strategy is focused on connecting viewers with the latest food programming presented by brands which are the trusted authorities in their respective fields.
Ms. Christina Lim, Director, Brand & Marketing, NTUC FairPrice, said, “To stay relevant to our increasingly tech-savvy customers, FairPrice aims to deliver value through useful content for grocery shoppers. With the launch of food for life tv, we are able to interact with customers across multiple channels in real time, at all times, with compelling content that enriches and empowers users to be more efficient and effective in deciding what to cook, how to choose certain products like wine and be inspired to bond with friends and family through sharing of food.”
www.foodforlifetv.tv will kick off with a series of recipe videos complete with recipe cards viewers will be able to download, cooking tips, insights into fresh produce and other products offered at FairPrice as well as unique dishes from well-loved celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsay and Poh Ling Yeow. The channel’s content categories consist of programmes from Singapore and around the world to suit the needs and interests of Singaporeans. They include:
1. Best Recipes – Top selection of simple dishes that are tried-and-true winners.
2. Video Cook Book – Fun and easy recipe videos containing hundreds of unique recipes, the ultimate resource centre for home cooks.
3. Celebrity Recipes – Exclusive and inspiring recipes from the greatest chefs around the world as well as your favourite Singaporean personalities.
4. Cook School – Kitchen tips and tricks to improve your cooking skills, with answers to your most common cooking questions.
5. Fresh Produce – Features farm-fresh and carefully-sourced produce, their provenance and how to buy only the best.
6. Bloggers – Join influential food bloggers as they share informative tutorials, tips and reviews for your next cooking and dining adventure.
7. My Food Story – TV personality Asha Gill talks to Singapore’s favourite celebrities about their favourite culinary delights.
8. TV Series – Gastronomical adventures into the world of cooking, dining and entertaining.
9. FairPrice Services – The myriad of services FairPrice offers customers in-store and at home.
10. Home Cook Heroes – Stories about great home cooks around the different neighbourhoods in Singapore.
11. Wine Club – A plethora of information you need to be a wine connoisseur.
12. Domestic Goddess -Amy Cheng’s nifty tips and tricks to make household chores fun and easy.
13. Product Reviews – Reviews on products that provide good quality at the best price at all times.
14. Kitchen Products – The latest in kitchen innovation and appliances.
“Singaporeans love food and are highly motivated, constantly seeking out knowledge to improve their cooking skills at home. food for life tv does just that and we are excited to partner with FairPrice in our mission is to help viewers hone their culinary expertise and know-how,” said Perry Smith, CEO of Brand New Media.
“www.foodforlifetv.tv offers a unique new opportunity for food brands in Singapore, providing greater engagement with audiences through end-to-end content solutions that deliver strong results.” said Damien Bray, Global Development Director, Brand New Media.
For more information, please visit www.foodforlifetv.tv.