SINGAPORE, 28 October 2021 – NTUC FairPrice (FairPrice) announced earlier today, the extension of its SME Suppliers Support and Development (SSDP) for another year. The announcement was made at the launch of FairPrice’s 10th ‘Made in Singapore’ Fair, an annual initiative that raises awareness for local producers and locally produced items. The launch was graced by Guest-of-Honour Mr Gan Kim Yong, Minister for Trade and Industry, who toured the various made-in-Singapore products on display.
SSDP was first introduced in 2009 for the co-operative’s SME partners, amidst the global financial crisis. The programme was brought back in 2012 during the economic slowdown and has since been extended annually to benefit more than 500 SMEs since 2012. Last year, FairPrice doubled the annual budget for the programme from S$1 million to S$2 million in view of the pandemic’s impact on companies. This year, the commitment is further increased to S$2.5 million.
Mr Seah Kian Peng, Group CEO NTUC FairPrice Group said, “FairPrice is cognizant of the challenges faced by SMEs which have been exacerbated by Covid-19. Through the SSDP programme, we hope to ease some of that pressure as well as on their business’ cash flow. We have increased our commitment to $2.5 million to provide a sustained means of support for local businesses that faced a speedbump in these unprecedented times. We urge our valued customers to join us in supporting local, which in turn enables us to build a sustainable food future together.”
Participants of the SSDP enjoy various benefits designed to boost their business capabilities and growth. These include accelerated payment terms to help ease cash flow challenges, discounts for processing and listing fees for new products and special consideration for inclusion in the FairPrice housebrand programme.
Enabling E-Commerce for SMEs
With more consumers turning to e-Commerce platforms to purchase their products, FairPrice has been seeking ways to support SMEs in this venture.
Beyond the SSDP, FairPrice supports SME partners to expand their e-commerce presence through various initiatives such as U SME x Marketplace. A partnership with NTUC U SME launched earlier this year, this programme provides a platform for NTUC U SME partners to sell their products on FairPrice Online’s Marketplace. There are currently 12 participating companies ranging from food products to kitchenware and travel supplies.
Another initiative is the YummySG! programme by FairPrice and Enterprise Singapore. The programme was launched in 2020, to help provide Singapore food manufacturers with a digital platform to diversify their revenue streams. YummySG! is hosted on FairPrice Online’s Marketplace platform, and brings together local F&B products under the Singapore brand, providing higher visibility to consumers and differentiating them from other international products. From just 3 companies and 9 products when it first launched, this campaign has since grown to include over 30 companies and more than 250 products today.
Made in Singapore Fair
This year’s ‘Made in Singapore’ fair will feature over 40 locally made products, including daily groceries, fresh and frozen products, household necessities, and FairPrice’s housebrand range. The Fair will run from today until 10 November 2021 at all FairPrice stores and FairPrice Online, offering savings of up to 41 per cent off their usual price.
*Annex A – SME Suppliers Support & Development Programme (SSDP)
*Annex B – List of featured products at Made in Singapore Fair 2021
*Annex C – YummySG! Initiative & U SME x Marketplace
SME Suppliers Support & Development Programme (SSDP)
FairPrice introduced SSDP in 2009 for the co-operative’s SME partners, which has since helped them overcome restructuring challenges and tide through the global financial crisis to rediscover their drive for growth and expansion. The SSDP was brought back in 2012 during the economic slowdown and has since been extended annually to benefit more than 500 SMEs since 2012.
Last year, SSDP was further enhanced to include the following:
Featured Products at Made in Singapore Fair
1) ILITE SWEETENER COOK & BAKE 350G
2) CAMEL NUTS ASSORTED 130/150G
3) CHEW’S FRESH EGGS OMEGA 6 + LUTIAN 10S 550G
4) JIAJIA HERBAL TEA CANNED DRINK HERITAGE / LESS SUGAR / NO SUGAR 6S X 300ML
5) ASYURA PASTE ASSORTED 280G
6) AAA AUTHENTIC SINGAPORE TEOCHEW BAK KUT TEH SOUP SPICES
7) KELLY’S PORTION PACK ASSORTED 100G
8) KCT SUPERIOR DARK & LIGHT SOYA SAUCE 640ML
9) TAI HUA STANDARD SOY SAUCE LIGHT / DARK 640ML
10) SUNLIGHT FRAGRANT SESAME OIL 750ML
11) EARTHEN POT CURRY POWDER ASSORTED 100G
12) SING LONG SAMBAL CHILLI / CHILLI PRAWN / BELACHAN 230G
13) SING LONG HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE MIX 90G
14) GOLD ROAST TRADITIONAL KOPI O WITH SUGAR 20S
15) MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH JUICE LESS SUGAR 1L
16) SCS PINEAPPLE TARTS LARGE 435G
17) SEAH’S BAK KUT TEH BUNDLE PACK 128G [BUY 3S GET 1S FREE INCLUSIVE]
18) FAIRPRICE DISHWASHING LIQUID TWIN PACK ANTI-BACTERIAL 750ML
19) BOBO PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN WINGS / CHICKEN BITES / NASI LEMAK CHICKEN WINGS / CHICKEN CUTLET 200G
20) I’M BULGOGI ASSORTED 300G
21) CRUSTY’S SOY SKIN CRISPS / FISH SKIN ASSORTED 100G
22) FARMER GREY MULLET
23) FARMER SEAWATER SEABASS
24) FARMER RED SNAPPER
25) FARMER FLOWER GROUPER
26) DODO FRESH FISH BALL 12 PCS
27) DODO CHILLI FRESH FISH BALL 12 PCS
28) BOBO CHEESE SEAFOOD TOFU 200G
29) BOBO FRESH FISH BALL 230G
30) KIN YAN MUSHROOM GROWING KIT
31) DODO SEAFOOD PASTE WITH SCRAPER TOBIKO PRAWN PASTE / COMBO PACK 240G
32) BEE CHENG HIANG BAKKWA ICE CREAM 2S 90G
33) UIC SOFSCRUB CREAM CLEANER LEMON / ANTI BACTERIAL 3S x 500ML
34) FAIRPRICE NONYA KAYA 410G / HAINANESE KAYA WITH HONEY 400G
35) SAKURA BRAZIL SPINACH 200G
36) P&L FRESH BLACK FUNGUS 150G
37) SUSTENIR SUPER KALE 120G
38) SUSTENIR SPECTACULAR SPINACH 100G
39) UIC NATURAL PLUS LAUNDRY LIQUID DETERGENT 1.5L ASSORTED
40) FAIRPRICE PEANUTS SUGAR / SWEET 150G
41) FAIRPRICE PIZZA ASSORTED 300G
42) GOLDEN CHEF ABALONE SAUCE 510G
43) KOKA MULTIGRAIN CUP NOODLES 65G ASSORTED
44) PASAR SINGAPORE FRESH LARGE EGGS 10S 600G
45) FORTUNE OMEGA 3 DHA TOFU CHINESE/JAPANESE SILKEN 300G
46) DOUBLE Joy FUZHOU FISH BALL/PORK BALL WITH PORK FILLING 230G
47) SMH SIGNATURE CHILLI CRAB PAU 8S
YummySG! is a joint collaboration between FairPrice Online and Enterprise Singapore (ESG) that aims to provide Singapore food manufacturers with an additional platform to diversify their revenue streams. This is part of ESG’s continuous efforts to support Singapore businesses to start selling online, since the launch of its E-Commerce Booster Package* in April last year.
YummySG! is hosted on FairPrice Online’s Marketplace (FairPrice Marketplace) platform, where participating companies can leverage the platform to list their new products** and potentially reach out to 1.5 million shoppers monthly. Through this initiative, participating companies will also benefit from:
Food manufacturers keen to come on-board YummySG! can visit the ESG website at EnterpriseSG.gov.sg/YummySG to register their interest and find out more. FairPrice Marketplace will provide all operations and technical support for participating companies.
*The E-Commerce Booster Package supports SME retailers, who have little or no e-commerce experience, to diversify their revenue channels through leveraging e-commerce and digital marketing to reach new customers locally and overseas. Examples of food manufacturing companies which have leveraged the package includes Sin Mui Heng Food Industries and Tanglin Gin.
**These are products which are not listed on other major traditional and online supermarkets.
U SME x Marketplace
The U SME x Marketplace programme serves to drive online visibility and sales for SMEs partnering with NTUC U SME, a Labour Movement initiative that helps SMEs tackle important business challenges. Some of these SMEs that are adversely affected by Covid-19 do not have an online presence previously and Marketplace is able to provide them with an e-commerce platform for an alternative revenue stream. FairPrice Online’s Marketplace will continue to help these SMEs grow their online business and look to extend support to more eligible companies that partner with NTUC U SME for business advisory services.
For more information, please visit https://www.usme.org.sg/